Installation and Maintenance
Boat Shade and Harbor Shade
The best way to keep your Boat Shade fabric looking good is to spray your cover off with clear water when needed. This helps prevent dirt or bird droppings from becoming deeply embedded in the fabric.
We recommend that you clean your Boat Shade following these simple steps:
- Wipe off any loose dirt
- Spray with clear water only
- Use a soft cotton rag to wipe clean
- Rinse thoroughly until all dirt or droppings are removed
- Air dry
TTBC, CCBC, and CCC
We recommend cleaning your cover while on the boat. For the best clean, follow these simple steps:
- Brush off any loose dirt.
- Hose your cover down.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap such as Woolite or Dawn dishwashing liquid.
- Use a soft bristle marine brush to clean.
- Allow the cleaning solution to soak into the fabric up to 20 minutes.
- Rinse the cover thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Air dry. *If a stubborn stain persists, you can use a diluted bleach/soap mixture for spot cleaning.
For mildew: mix ¼ cup dishwashing liquid, 1 cup bleach, and 1 gallon water.
For bird droppings: mix ¼ cup dishwashing liquid and 1 gallon water.
If the inside of your cover needs cleaning, we suggest installing your cover inside-out on your boat. When doing this, your zipper should be on the opposite side. Once clean, we recommend turning your cover right side out. Follow the same instructions as above.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org